Academic publishers may apply for subsidies for the publication of scholarly works related to the goals of the Foundation. The publication may be in the form of a book or a monograph. Applications will be accepted for completed book manuscripts, but not for books in a series. Priority will be given to first book projects by junior scholars. Publication subsidies usually range between $5,000 to $10,000. Publication Subsidy Grants may only be used to cover editing, indexing, and other relevant publication costs. Translation and research-related expenses may not be included. For further details, please contact the Foundation's North American Office.
For periodicals and journals, the Foundation will support one year's worth of publication. The application for the publication of conference proceedings requires a completed, edited draft.
- Project abstract.
- A detailed itemized budget (If this sum is to be supplemented by matching funds, please include this information in the budget).
- A description of the proposed project of no more than 7 pages in length.
- Curriculum vitae of the author and co-authors.
- Letter of agreement from the publisher.
- Table of contents.
- Outline and two chapters of the manuscript.
- At least two reviews of the proposed publication sent to the Foundation directly by the publisher.
- Endorsement letter(s) from the project director and co-director(s) institution(s).
- All applications must be submitted to our online application database. E-mail and paper applications will not be accepted. The online application database is available annually from August 1 to September 15 and December 1 to January 15 of the following year (to start the application process, please click here).
- The Foundation will initially direct all messages and correspondence about the applications to respective project directors. If a grant is approved, the CCK Foundation, in most cases, will then correspond with the university's grant administrator to arrange payments over the period of the grant.
- The Foundation does not provide a written critique for unsuccessful applications.
- The deadlines for Publication Subsidies Grant applications are:
- Final results for applications made before September 15 are announced in late December. Results of applications submitted for the January 15 deadline are announced in early June.
- The Foundation's grants provide support for research on Chinese Studies in the humanities and social sciences.
- Funding is not provided for capital equipment (including computers and printers), building design, construction, or maintenance.
- Funding is not available for university administrative costs including overhead, or endowments.
- The Foundation does not subsidize administrative expenses or the purchase of equipment.
- Foundation funds can only be transferred to and managed by institutional accounts. Endorsement letter(s) from the applicant's institution must express the institution's willingness to comply with these procedures.
- The Foundation encourages applications with matching funds from other sources.
- The Foundation reserves the right to post project abstracts and reports on its websites.
Tel : +886-2-2704-5333 ext.19
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org